Sunday, February 8, 2009

Soul to Soul

This morning was good. Was able to use what I've written before for something useful. Turned out pretty good, even if I do say so myself! I actually have written some things on my blog that are publishable! It's amazing! Believe it or not, I used the hospital visit stories to talk about love. Can't believe I can even talk about love right now. With Valentine's Day looming closer and closer, I decided to talk about the broader perspective of love. Didn't cry once, either! That was a stretch, but I made it. More than a few listeners were crying, but I wasn't. Just kept professional and unemotive. (Is that a word? It should be.) The husband of one of my women in ICU was there. I just held his hand, looked in his eyes and talked to/about him, and his love for his wife. It was a very powerful time of sharing... profound and holy, isolated time, when two souls look into each other, and share the truth of their existence. Those are powerful, intimate moments, when time stops and you are just living together... suspended.

There are not many times in life when I've experienced that kind of intimacy. I don't think that Greg and I ever shared one of those. It's odd to have shared it with a man while celebrating his love for his wife, in front of 100 other people. And yet I could swear the power of God was there! Yes! I said, "God."

A recent friend of mine taught me how to share those moments. I don't think I knew how to share them. I definitely didn't know the power of them until this year. You are never the same with someone after you've connected, soul to soul like that. When you look into an other's eyes and your soul sees the truth of their existence, and their soul sees the naked truth of yours. I miss you, friend. My soul misses your soul. Believe it or not, you helped me find God. You helped me find a depth of love that I didn't know existed. I am forever humbled and changed. Thank you. I wish you weren't a million miles away.

No comments: