Saturday, February 14, 2009

I Give Up

Okay, it seems that I'm going to be in a terrible mood all day. Crying at the "drop of a hat," just seems inevitable. Why not put it to use? My dying friend is in the worst rehab hospital in the city. It's dirty, noisy and uncaring. That's why several of us go up there a lot. I was not going to go see her today. I thought I'd avoid that depressing scene. Now I've changed my mind. I'll go visit her and be sad in a sad place. I'll go visit her step-son who is in the main hospital across the street, and grumpy as can be. I can't beat this depression. I might as well just go with it. I just hope I don't see 1,000 Valentine's Day balloons in everyone's room. Probably will. Sigh. The hard part is that in my role, I'm supposed to be the symbol of hope. Damn! Wish I had some!

No comments: