Sunday, February 22, 2009

Rest

Taking some time off this week, unless there's another major crisis, of course. I'm so exhausted I barely made it through worship today. Slept the whole afternoon and could go back to bed now for the night. Instead, I have work to do. BUT told them I have to get rest or they'll be visiting me in the hospital. Even arranged for two other people to cover me for minor emergencies! Yea! Of course we found out today that 3 more people in the church are indeed in crisis. And one member's daughter-in-law had a third heart attack at age 46, coded, was declared dead and 5 min later started breathing. Now they're going to determine how much brain damage she has. Is there something in the atmosphere? Is it just us, or is everyone having crazy problems? I feel terrible for all these people, suffering so much!
Anyway, here's the plan...
Tonight: do what work needs to be done before Wed. night.
Monday: sleep as much as possible. If it's nice, I'm going to the outdoor mall. If it's not, I may just read a book just for fun! Maybe a quick mystery.
Tuesday: Sleep as much as possible, again. Go to the outdoor mall. Start working on my divorce papers. If it's cold, take the paper work to the indoor mall Barnes and Noble Starbucks.
Wednesday: Work on divorce papers. Then show up at work for the evening.

At some point I'm going to the Italian restaurant that has THE MOST AMAZING CHOCOLATE DESERT ON EARTH! IT IS TRULY A MIRACLE ON A PLATE! Can't decide which day to go really pamper myself with that.
Now I have a new mantra: Sleep... Chocolate... Tea! Sleep... Chocolate... Tea! I can't wait!

1 comment:

Reverend Shawn said...

... and along the way, remember the simple word - NO.

I read through your blog and much of what you right resonates with me and my experiences ... you are not alone ... you are not the first ... and you are NOT unique ...

Keep moving forward as the movie - Meet the Robinsons tells us ... and as you move forward work on being able to take time for YOU ... no one will give it to you, and in our profession they will take everything we offer and more, and give little in return ... come out of the wilderness stronger and more certain about who you are ...

I've been there ... peace to you - and THANKS.