Thursday, February 26, 2009

Lament 2

What difference does it make?
If you are real or not.
What difference does it make?
I want to know... definitely.
If you are real, and life is still awful,
then does it matter?
If you are real and as I used to believe,
you suffer with us,
what difference does it make?
And if it doesn't make a difference,
why does anyone care?

I used to think that if you love someone enough,
they will learn to love themselves, just by being loved.
It wasn't true.
3 times I have given my heart and 3 times they didn't love themselves
and 3 times they didn't love me.
So what difference do you make?
All I've learned is not to trust men or you.

I used to think that physical attraction wasn't important in a love relationship.
I heard that it was, but never had the attraction except to people who were not accessible to me.
Then I thought you brought someone into my life
who I thought I loved both physically and spiritually.
I thought he loved me. I was wrong.
Where were you?
What difference did you make?

I used to think that you brought people into our lives
for us to love them and them to love us.
Although I love some
and some love me, what does that have to do with you?
What difference does it make?

No comments: