Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Abuse

Oh how we hurt each other! Why are we humans so cruel?

I have an acquaintance who's been in hiding from her husband for 3 months because she thinks he was sexually abusing their baby!! AAAAhhhhh! How can anyone do that? Why would anyone do that? That's one of the most horrible things I can think of! I am relieved to finally hear from her. She disappeared I think in Nov. Her husband called me in December trying to see if I knew where she was. I didn't even know that she was gone. I tried through some possible mutual friends to get a message to her that I am safe and willing to help her. Of course I didn't know if the message got through. She called yesterday. I am relieved to know that she is safe. She promised that friends are helping her and taking care of them.

I was also told recently that a couple of teens in a local church are being beaten by their parents. Of course the parents are active in their church, and look like model citizens! "The girls are just clumsy!" Why do people hurt their children? I may not be the best mother in the world, but damn! And of course I have found out the hard way that "Words CAN hurt me," and my children.

It weighs on my heart to know these abuses. Tomorrow I have to tell a pastor that his model elders are beating their children. And of course then there is a very delicate situation with dealing with it in a church. My heart weighs heavy for the pastor. I can't imagine how he'll respond. Maybe he'll "do the right thing." Maybe he'll ignore me. If he is a decent man at all, he will be significantly hurt to know this information. He will have to do something that could drastically change the dynamics of people he cares about. It's odd how information can change your life drastically. I've been there, when the word "abuse" shattered a home... my home. I will never forget that afternoon for as long as I live. Let's pray that this abuse doesn't shatter a church as well.

All this pain. All these lives harmed. Why? Because three people like to hurt their children.

1 comment:

Billy Thompson said...

There are shallow graves somewhere waiting on these people. RWH always said there was a special place in Hell for child abusers.