Thursday, February 26, 2009

Lament 1

Where have you been?
I cried out to you night and day!
You didn't answer.
I sat in silence waiting for a word
Just a word.
Still, you didn't answer.
I talk with friends and hope to hear you through them.
Still you are silent.

So do you really exist?
Have I been fooling myself all these years?
Have millions of people been fooling themselves for thousands of year?

A man says you are only imagined,
that people make you up so they will feel comforted.
Is that all you are?

I do not feel comforted.
Delusion doesn't comfort me.
I expected wisdom.
I expected guidance.
I get none.

So how do I respond to that suggestion?
You offer me no answers.
You offer me no help.
My faith withers
my hope fades
and still you do not answer.

Maybe he is right.

No comments: