Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Power Tools

Okay, you men, I get it! I just bought my first power tool that is all my own! I am ready to go spend my paycheck on more! It's truly a power thing! I wanted to call every guy I know and say, "I get it totally!" I want to cruise the Internet, researching all the various saws I now need. I've always been a bit intimidated by power tools. The men in my life have been so protective, they wouldn't let me touch them. They always acted like they were concerned for my safety. Now I know they weren't. They just don't like anyone else using their power tools! I had a table saw once. At least it was supposedly my husband's and my Christmas present. He was so paranoid when I got near it, "Look out for the kickback! It'll break your arm!" "Make sure you stand here." "Make sure you hold it here!" I just walked away. He didn't fool me with the, "I just don't want you to get hurt." I knew even then that was just a lie.

Now I understand the power, the control, the challenge. I will hover over anyone who dares to use my tools! I feel like a new woman! If I have the right power tool, I can do anything! Who needs men? Who needs marriage? Do we need to eat? Do we need gas? No! We need power tools! I can do this single parenting thing! I can have a better life than I've ever had.......NOW THAT I HAVE A POWER TOOL!!!!!!

1 comment: