Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I'm Tired

I'm so tired. How tired are you? I'm so tired my feet feel like they're falling off my body and I wish they would. I'm so tired, my eyelids feel like sandpaper. I'm so tired that depression is getting a hold of me again/still/whatever. It was a very full day and I still have work to do before bed!

Started my day at the office at 9:30 since last night didn't end until today. But by then I had talked with three people by phone and caught up with several emails from home. At the office I wrote another article for the newsletter and attempted to plan Sunday, but ran out of time with phone calls and computer keyboard problems.

Did go have lunch with a good friend in the gay section of the big city. That was loads of fun! A new place to explore with great restaurants and great looking men. Of course they were all gay...sigh. Anyway, had a brief lunch and headed to my new therapist's office. I think I'm going to like her! She doesn't seem threatened by my faith questioning or my profession. That's a miracle right there! It's only taken a year to find someone who can handle those two! I just hope I'm right because I'm tired of having to change therapists and start all over again! It was nice getting to know each other today and feeling some support without judgement. She told me that I need to simplify my life while I'm grieving. And I forgot to tell her that half the people I know are in a hospital, ill, dead, or in a rehab right now! Dah! I guess her suggestion sounded so good I enjoyed the thought without thinking about the crises that keep multiplying. Have a surgery patient to be with tomorrow and one on Friday. then a funeral, burial and luncheon on Sat. I hope I get to sleep sometime in all of that.

Maybe at some point I'll get to ponder all of this chaos. Until then....

1 comment:

nikki said...

Sometimes tired can be a good thing. Sounds like you spend some of the day working on making yourself happier. That is a step in the right direction. I have some friends who need to go eat lunch wherever you went today. :)