Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Teen Hangout

When I left for a meeting last night, my older sons' friends were in the garage working on skate board tricks. Much to my surprise they were teaching my youngest! I was ecstatic. Usually his big brothers kick him out of their activities. I wasn't sure if I was allowed to give him a hug goodbye since he was "hanging with the big boys!" He almost did an "ollie" ( I have no idea how to spell that.) before I left. I was so proud and happy for him and the older boys! It warmed this mother's heart. Before I left, I instructed the boys on how to finish dinner. What started out to be just my boys for supper ended up being 3 extra! I have to learn to cook for a crowd! Yea! I love having all these boys around! Of course a few girls to balance things out would be nice! But then this must be why so many of my close friends are men. I'm used to males.

I came home from my meeting to the now usual crowd still there, plus a couple more. You have to understand that my garage has been packed with "his" junk for so long, no one has been able to park in it. Last night there was a Jeep in my garage. Complete with the just attached new top! The friend had a hole in his top and the whole Jeep had flooded in the rain. So our garage became to repair shop.

I am so happy that our home has become a good place to spend time and that my boys have such great friends. I may never have privacy again, but that's okay! We've come a long way this year!

No comments: