Monday, March 16, 2009

"New" Bed


Got a "new" bed yesterday. A friend is moving and gave me her guest bed. It's nice to have friends to do such things for you. God knows I would not want a used mattress from someone I don't know! Once again I rearranged my room to accommodate the furnishings. I noticed last night that "sleeping single in a double bed" is a lot colder than in a twin bed! Yikes! I froze to death even with the dog. I should have put the big dog in with me, too. She wouldn't have liked it though. She's a lone sleeper. I actually have been, too. Used to kick the dog out and never liked to snuggle while I sleep. Didn't even like stuffed animals or dolls when I was young. There's sex and snuggling, and then there's sleeping. Different things in my book. I like my space! Of course maybe I've never had the right person with whom to cuddle!

.... And the mattress is harder than a board! No pillow top. I have been spoiled until now. Going to have to do something to make it sleepable. Here I thought I'd sleep great on this better bed. Oh well! More adjusting to do. There's always more to do. It does seem better to sleep in what seems more like an adult bed. I put on some freshly washed old sheets that we had when I was first married. They were my favorites of all time and we haven't had a double bed since we broke the antique one, 14 years ago! So it was fun sleeping on them again. Sprayed them with lavender scent and went peacefully into sleep... until the thermostat in the house switched to the night setting. Oh well. It will all work out. There are cushy mattress pads and more quilts to be had.

No comments: