Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Skeleton in the Closet

There's a skeleton in my closet.
No. Seriously. There is a skeleton in my closet.
I found it in my dreams,
And now it haunts me.

I've tried to get it to talk with me.
"Who are you?"
"What do you want?"
It won't talk.
I'm assuming it's a female.
Maybe it's not.
I don't know.
I have only seen the skull.

The skeleton is someone who has been dead a long time.
All I know about her is that she was murdered.
I keep asking who killed her?
That seems to be an important question
... and yet it is not.

"WHO ARE YOU? WHAT DO YOU WANT? TELL ME WHY YOU'RE HERE.. in my night dreams... in my daydreams... in every waking moment.

This skeleton seems to come from the depth of my soul.
I wish it would speak to me.
I wish it would go away...
But it won't until I hear it's message.
And yet it won't talk to me.
I want her to go away!
Is it right that sometimes I hate her,
And sometimes I want to comfort her?

Silently she sits in the corner of my brain.

No comments: