Saturday, March 21, 2009

One Day at a Time





I will be strong. I will be strong. I am strong. I am strong....Spent the day being away from home. Took my youngest to go visit a cousin who is in town for a sporting event. We went out for breakfast. That was nice. Then the two of us and his friend spent the whole afternoon at a couple of local parks. It was good to be outside. We all needed to be outside for various reasons. I am so grateful for wonderful weather. Had a chance to make a couple more research phone calls from the parks. Found out some more important information. Am also on the internet, checking facilities. The rest will probably have to wait until Monday. I keep wanting to waver. Am I making the right decision? Am I over-reacting. Can I be strong enough to do this? A couple of friends and a sister have all agreed that I need to stay firm and do this. Just when I started to waver today, I smelled an illegal substance on my child. Okay then! Now I am strengthened! I have been stronger than I ever dreamed I could be since we moved here. I have held my stand in many very difficult situations. I can do this one, too.

My kids think they are fooling me. They are not doing anything in the garage now, but they go outside and come in smelling foul! Then they asked me tonight if they could have a friend drive my car to the city to a show! "We promise we won't 'do anything,' before or during the time we will have the car!" Meanwhile I can't stand to be next to them due to the smell of "doing something" on their bodies! What a mess! What a terrible mess!

I am one of those people I look down on for being so trashy! I am the very person I hate to be around!

No comments: