Monday, April 13, 2009

Vacation Day 1

My mind is in a blurr. So many ideas and so little time! I don't want to waste a moment of this vacation in preparation for my sabbatical. It feels great to have 6 weeks stretched out before me to schedule as I please... to do the things I want to do and never get around to doing. It's great to be on enough antidepressants to want to do these things! What a difference they make! It would be nice if my life were such that I don't need them, but it isn't and I'm trying to resign myself to that fact. Oh well. I won't dwell on that right now. It's time to be positive and hopeful for some spoiling of myself right now! Do I dare?! Can I even do that? I think so. I look forward to enjoying a lot of meaningful activities which will hopefully fill my soul.

Later... Have managed to get to a doctor's visit, buy a book for my sabbatical, go out for tea and scones, explore an antique mall and a thrift store for antique linens, teach my son to mow the lawn, and weed eat most of the yard. It's only supper time! It feels great to check things off my list. Plan to get a few more things done tonight. My vacation "to do" list is way too long. Tomorrow I go play all day and all evening! Learn to skeet shoot tomorrow night. Hope I learn to spell it also! Can't wait!

No comments: