Friday, April 3, 2009

Reading to Escape

I've just taken up reading novels again. Wanting/needing to escape for moments at a time... I have discovered that every book I've picked up, no matter what the title or setting, has had a trinity: a doctor, a Tom, and India. What is up with that? It seems like everyone in novels is either a writer or a doctor. And how many of those are there in real life? Of course Tom is a common name. In fact, it's one of my family's names... grandfather...cousin...cousin's son(whatever that makes him to me, I can never remember.)... and my son's middle name. My grandfather was much beloved by all. But what's up with the India thing? These aren't even books written after Slumdog Millionaire came out! And why are all three in every book? Can someone please write something about Larry, in middle management of a large corporation, whose friend is from Brazil?

No comments: