Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Sabbatical

Wahoo! My sabbatical was announced today! I feel energized just thinking about it! I'll have a vacation week after Easter. That will be followed by 5 weeks of sabbatical. I wish it were longer and I wish I were going someplace exotic. Not this time. When my youngest gets older... if I'm still in this career. Most of this one will be local.

The plan is for me to balance something to feed me spiritually, emotionally, physically, and educationally, every day. I plan to take up yoga! I hope to take classes a few days each week, in both meditation and exercise. For emotional and physical health I plan to visit the local gardens, be brave and go ride a bike in the river park. (Borrowing a dang bike since mine was stolen and haven't replaced it yet.) Bike riding is one of my favorite things to do. (except in city traffic) Will also take the dog to the local dog park to play. For spiritual food, I plan to eat chocolate, read, journal and/or blog, and go to all the local art museums. Have only been to one of them once so I'm eager to go! Also plan on checking out Al-Anon further and going to my therapist's. That should pretty much fill a lot of time, considering I'll still be doing the household and parent gig, too. Have a friend who's invited me for a few days to her river cabin. Have another friend who's invited me to Tennessee for a visit. Somehow in all this, I hope I find God again. Or at least figure out a little bit of what I believe.

The best part? A couple I know has invited me to go with them on vacation to the North Caroline coast! A week at the beach! Now that's food for almost every part of my being. If I could find a man to have sex with some time over this sabbatical, all my needs would be met. Hmmm. Dancing would be good exercise. I'm such a chicken though! Wouldn't know a thing about places to dance around here! Probably not safe anyway.

Aaahhhh! I am very eager to be on with it.

3 comments:

Billy Thompson said...

Now you can finally teach me to fly fish!

chocolatea said...

Yes I can! Can't wait to do that. "There's a fine line between fly fishing and religion."

Billy Thompson said...

Except I understand fly fishing.