Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Shopping for Two

Went to the grocery store the other day. Had to learn the trick of shopping for two instead of 4 or 5. It was odd. I felt off balance and had to ponder every purchase. "How fast will this go bad? Will we eat it in time? How many gallons of milk do I need now?" (A lot less milk!) Eventually the depression won and I had to put my sunglasses on to hide the tears. Oh well. I didn't die or anything. I just miss my boys. Can you really believe that one? Right now they are children that only a parent can love. And I do. I wish they didn't hate me right now. Wish I could have them over for dinner. Some day that will happen again. I'm still relieved to not be dealing with them daily. Hmmm. Conflicting feelings, of course. Isn't that what parenting is always about? No matter what age they are?

Thought the grocery bill would be less. Finally realized that I still need cereal, etc. It will just last longer. The bill was still the same! Couldn't believe it! But... I think this trip will last 3 weeks instead of 2. Will only need to get milk once in a while. In the monthly total, this is going to be a lot cheaper! Yea! Pond repair money! Good luck to my almost ex as he now has to buy groceries for two teens! I like that part.

No comments: