Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Progress

Well I finally have an almost complete bedroom. I have finished painting, and dressed my room with pictures and frew frew. (How in the world you spell that I have no idea!) It's so girleee that any guy who walks in will immediately puke! I've always wanted a girleeee room and now since I don't have to share with any man, I get to have it. It's almost as girlee as my teen room that was yellow and pink! It's not that puky, but it's girleeee! Blue walls with everything else white, except my 1940's vanity which I will not paint. Even managed to find some old stitcheries from my grandmother's brother's years in pre-communist China that match the room. White iron work is everywhere. My antique hat collection is out along with all those wonderful old hatboxes! And of course, just for kicks, PeeWee Herman sits on his Chairy (sp?) in a place of honor. My conservative friends would die. I should put a copy of the picture I have of the XXX theater where Paul was arrested on the wall above it. (We used to live in a neighborhood right near there. And no, we didn't live in a red light district. A quiet little neighborhood in Sarasota, FL.)

The odd thing about my room is that it's still not my room. I just don't feel at home in there even with some of my favorite things. For one thing, that single bed is killing me. I feel like I've been demoted from adult to child. There may be no one sleeping with me, but damn! A single bed! I am working on that. (The bed, not the sleeping partner, although that's not a bad idea. Kidding! Although, a little romp on a bed might be just what the doctor ordered! Kidding again! Sometimes I surprise myself with this stuff that yanks y'all's chains! Someday I may just write a total fantasy just to see who writes a comment!) Just haven't accomplished the purchase of a bed yet. Christmas for my kids just seemed a bit more important! I keep telling myself, "One step at a time." Heck, I just finished painting the room after 4 months!!! Yikes! Has it been that long? Anyway, every time I look at my bed I'm reminded of when I used to go on retreat at a nun's retreat center or my children's first beds. AAAAAAhhhhh! One step at a time. One step at a time. One step.....

It feels good to say that I've accomplished putting most of my room together. It feels good to know that I can accomplish something. It seems like ages since I have! Now if I can have a good night's sleep without nightmares and clenching my teeth, I'll be really happy!

No comments: