Saturday, January 3, 2009

Ongoing faith struggle

Been reading The Shack, like a million other people. I have to admit that intellectually I agree with it. It says a lot of what I say I've believed for a long time. Unfortunately, sounds "too good to be true." It's not real to me. You know how when you hear something that changes you, it kind of connects your head with your heart. Somehow the two connect and you sense the truth. It's not happening. Wish I could go back to who I was. It was so much easier! This uncertain place is vague... too unknown... too foggy. Somehow it's hard to lead when the leader is lost. How long will this last? will I ever really believe again? will I ever care? If not... then what? you must be tired of reading this. I'm tired of thinking/feeling/writing it. I'm tired of struggling. I'm tired of being scared that my card house will blow over and I'll have nothing left. I'm tired of trying to figure out all the answers. I'm tired of trying to pull rabbits out of magic hats. I'm tired of being responsible for so many people's lives. I'm tired of just getting by. I just wanted a partner in this life and I've never had one. I just want some sense that God really does care and really does have something to do with how things turn out. Not seeing it. Not feeling it.

Wahoo! Happy New Year! Every New Year I've thought, "Well maybe this one will be better than last year." They never were/are. Pollyanna has fallen out of the tree. Who cares?

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nikki said...

I agree. the book was a little far fetched and hoaky for me. I just thought maybe it was the way it was written. I liked the concepts of the book though. I wish people would read it and it would make them open their minds to ALL people.
I got out of it that God loves you, no matter what.
"I am especially pleased with you".



PS. the above deleted comment was mine. I signed onto the wrong account. Ugh.