Monday, November 3, 2008

The Dance

Went dancing last week. I've been thinking about, and reliving that ever since. What is it about dancing that is so wonderful? What's not to like? (Unless you don't like your partner) I had the joy of dancing with men I care about so it was wonderful to be close, snuggling in to the body of another, becoming part of him. I love moving in unison with another, striving to move as one. It's interesting that in intercourse, we gain excitement by moving in opposition. In dancing, the whole goal is to move together. A friend of mine from years ago, who also was an amazing dancer, said that the man's role in dancing is to show off his partner. No matter how good or bad his partner is, the man's role is to show the beauty of his partner. I think dancing is learning to read another's mind, move with another body, with another soul... seeking to read the slightest movement and respond in flowing, flawless unison. Dancing is being with another person so much that you can anticipate what your partner's next move will be. It's experiencing the magic of human touch, the seduction of unison movement. At this point in my life, those moments of dance are like a "slice of heaven."

1 comment:

Mary Telfer said...

Hi,

It's been so long since I've danced!

Great blog! I'm in the midwest too.

Take care,

Mary
www.telfleur.com