Saturday, June 27, 2009

Writing

Yesterday, I was in a mood to write. After taking a break for awhile, I just wanted to sit and write all the things that have been going through my mind. Instead, I had a wonderful conversation with a good friend. My friend is a great writer. We talked about using pictures to convey feelings and using words to convey pictures. How each art form comes through a deep desire to express who we truly are. I get frustrated with words, 'cause sometimes I can't capture the picture in my brain, and I think, "I wish I were a photographer and could capture the picture in that art form." I'm a visual person and I want us to see what I say. My friend is having a hard time expressing what he is feeling, and so he has started taking pictures every day. He walks the small town where he lives and takes wonderful photographs. He is naturally a writer and now he finds he has to use a different medium to express his true self. And still, in this other medium, his soul flows to greet us. The passions of our souls come forth in one form or another. How do people who do not create art of any kind, tell us who they are? In their life stories. Their stories may not be written on paper or on the internet. These stories live through their creators, showing us their souls.

No comments: