Tuesday, September 16, 2008

To a Long Lost Friend

I miss you. I miss our daily "conversations," ...real and imagined when we couldn't be in touch. I miss hearing about your day and your children. I miss telling you about my day. You've left a big hole in my life and much as I ask God to fill it with God's spirit, the hole is still there, and it still hurts. I miss your touch, the affection we once shared. I miss the feeling of loving and being loved. This is a very lonely time for both of us. A friend of mine who was widowed said that the hardest part of being widowed was coming home to an empty house. No one to share the day with. Some other friends have said they miss being touched/hugged/loved. As I look around I see a lot of lonely people. Wish we could get together for a group hug, but it wouldn't be the same as being hugged by the one you love. Some people think that loving and being loved is minor in the big picture of life. They think romance is silly and inconsequential. Speaking as one who has not loved or been loved for a very long time, it is one of the most important things we do in life. Speaking as a person of faith who knows that God is all about love, it is the most important thing we do in life. I love you dear friend, and I miss you.

No comments: