Thursday, May 7, 2009

A Rainy Day at the Beach is Better Than....


Loving the beach! There is something totally mesmerizing about the waves rolling in. I try to think while I walk. Soon, my mind is numb and I'm looking at shells. There's just something about the repeated pattern of the water that hypnotizes me. It's wonderful to be forced to live in the present moment... To only think about how far the next wave will come in...to only think about the pretty shell calling my name! Having so much on my mind and so much grieving to do, I love how the waves wash my thoughts away. We walk at least 2 times a day, sometimes alone and sometimes with company. Even with company we are alone in our minds. Rolling, rolling. the waves pound the shore. The sound is almost as regular as static on a bad radio station. I would say that the symbolism of the waves is to wash us clean, but this is not clean water. Brown foam collects along the shore. We've had storms all week, so the waves are high and turbulent. The water is brown.

No comments: