Thursday, September 10, 2009

All Things are Relative... or All Relatives are Things

I keep thinking that there must be something to learn from painting my house for weeks on end. So far no great wisdom has arisen. I've only learned 2 lessons: The first is that my body hates climbing ladders for 3 days in a row. I feel my age. The second lesson is that "all things are relative." Tan paint looks yellow in the dining room, next to the yellowish living room. Tan in the bedroom looks tan. Paint that looks great in the store, looks terrible in my house. After having bright colors throughout the house, "calm" colors look boring. It takes a lot longer than predicted to paint a bathroom with cabinets, shutter style closet doors, windows, etc. So that's the great wisdom I've come up with these past few weeks. Maybe tomorrow, Saturday or Sunday I'll be inspired with something more profound.

3 comments:

赖子 said...

額,結局真是令人無言額~e



















✖ вéєкαн ✖ said...

Muito interessante tudo.
bjim

menchnme2 said...

Really enjoyed your blog. Wish I had started earlier so we could have shared ideas maybe. If you ever return please read mine. You might like it. http://joyofunhappiness.blogspot.com